YO SOLO QUIERO JUGAR A LA PELOTA


Nike: "Voices"

When I was growing up, girls just didn’t run in public. No one on my all-boys team would pass to me. Dad told me I couldn’t be a boxer. He said I was too small. There was a guy who tried to spit on me and then push me out of his way. There comes a time when you have t be sure of yourself. People aren’t used to women being so passionate; it scares them. One day, I just said it doesn’t matter what people think. I’m a fashion model who can dunk. I’m a girl- it doesn’t mean I have to wear a skirt. It doesn’t mean I can’t get all fired up. They used to say, “that girl is crazy.” But then I just kept winning. I didn’t set out to dominate; I just did. Somebody’s got to be the best. So why not me? I’m 55 years old and I run close to 70 miles a week. I never felt like quitting. There’s something telling me to do it every single day. I just wanna play ball.

Via Tumblr